Premiers Be Active and Reading Challenges 2016

This year our class are participated in the Premiers Be Active and Premiers Reading Challenge.

img_n_45669

Regular physical activity is a great way to relax, it improves your health, makes you feel good and helps with learning.

The Challenge was to do at least 60 minutes of physical activity on at least 5 days of the week for 4 weeks. Each day we recorded our activity online. After 4 weeks of daily physical activity we will be rewarded with a medal.

It was wonderful to see how everybody in our class was active on a regular basis. We all enjoy our playtime at recess and lunch which equates to 60mins of being physically active. A lot of us have commitments outside of school hours such as swimming, dancing, walking or riding a bike to and from school and participating in a variety of different sports. As a class we also participate in PE lessons every Monday for 50 minutes and fitness for around 20mins for at least 3 days a week. This made the challenge quite an easy one to achieve as most of us are active for at least 5 days a week without even thinking about it.

Some of us participated in this challenge last year and have already received medal and therefore will receive either the silver or bronze medal this year. For others this will be our first time completing the challenge and gaining our first medal which will be very exciting.

img_1077

4c4a42_33c568d3279748a383bed2d6d703387e

Every year at Grange Primary School we participate in the Premiers Reading Challenge. This challenge involves students reading 12 books with 8 of those books being Premiers Reading Challenge books. Most of us completed this challenge by Term 3 which was terrific! For a lot of us this was our 5th year completing this challenge. We are very proud of everyone who participated as we had all students in room 10 finish the challenge. This means everyone in our class will be receiving the next medal.

img_1078

img_0409 img_0410

What did you enjoy the most about participating in these challenges?

Have you completed these challenges before, and if so what medals have you received?

Why do you think it’s important for students to participate in these challenges?

One thought on “Premiers Be Active and Reading Challenges 2016

1. Howdy Mrs Baldwin,
    I enjoyed the challenges because It was hard to get to where I want to be.

Yes I have I got bronze for the premiers reading challenge and I have the certificate, bronze, sliver, gold, champion,
    and this year I got legend.

I think that it is important for children to do this because it makes them smarter and they will learn to try and achieve there goals.

Kind
    Regards, Alicia