Bullying and Reconciliation Week

This week we welcome our first ‘guest blogger’ to write a post on our class blog. After learning about Reconciliation Week and celebrating Anti-Bullying Day not too long ago, Megan decided to write about these important events. Mrs Baldwin was very impressed with how well written her reflection was and the thoughtful advice that she has provided. Well done Megan!

Bullying

What is bullying?

Bullying or  harassment can occur in many places, ways and forms.

What forms can it occur in?

Cyber bullying

A form of  bullying over a electronic thing like a phone,computer or other things.

Social bullying

When people spread rumors or non true lies about someone. It can also be people (like in a group of 10) ganging up on one person.

Verbal bullying

Using words in a way to mentally hurt someone.

Where can it happen?

The most common places are schools and work places.

ATTENTION!

Bullying is never fun. Don’t bully from what I’ve experienced it’s bad to get bullied.

What do you do if your getting bullied?

Get help from friends,family, teachers or someone you trust.

How to avoid bullies?

Try to stay in a large group or walk away from a bully.

How can I help to stop bullying?

If you see bullying go tell someone like a teacher. You can help some one being bullied by (but don’t put your self in danger) standing up to the bully.

Other than that stay safe and remember these things.

Reconciliation Week

Reconciliation week is about remembering we’re not the only ones and sharing Australia with the Kaurna and the Aboriginals and remembering what our ancestors did was wrong and saying sorry.

Remember!

Never treat Aboriginal or Kaurna people different to how you would treat someone like your self and remember we all belong in Australia.The different in our skin tone makes us special not odd.

Remember be  a kind person and treat people how you want to be treated.

By SuperJew (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

By Megan D

Do you have a question or comment for Megan about her post?

8 thoughts on “Bullying and Reconciliation Week

1. Dear Megan

Great job of explaining of what bullying is and
    I agree with you. You should always treat people how
    you want to be treated.
    When you say ancestor what do you mean?
    I hope you had a great time making your post

From Anah#awesome job#

2. Dear Anah, thank you for being my first person to comment. What i mean by ancestors is well like our great,great,great,great grandparents! or maybe even more greats I really don’t know.
    From Megan

3. Dear Megan,
    that was a very good post I agree you should “treat people how you want to be treated”.

My question for you is do you think bullying should stop once and for all ?

4. Dear Gracie, i really think it should be stopped once for all because i’ts awful getting bullied and to be the bully i think i’ts just disgraceful. i hope that answers your great question.
    From Megan

5. Dear Megan,
    you did a great job at putting up the post! Did you have fun putting up the post? Also congratulations on being the first guest blogger in the class!

GREAT JOB!

From Ella

6. Dear Ella, thank you : ) and yes i had a lot of fun putting up my post.I hope the rest of the class can some time soon so i will not be the only one! ; )
    From Megan

7. Dear Megan,
    I loved reading your post and can see you have a good understanding of what bullying is. I would certainly like to see it stopped at our school! It is so important to report it to a teacher or trusted adult so that support can be given to the person being bullied and the bully can also be counselled.
    Bullying is never ok so if you see it happening get help and speak up. It can be stopped.

I also loved reading about Reconciliation. It is so important that we all live together happily and with understanding of each other’s differences and the struggles that have happened in years gone by.
    Diversity is one of our school values and learning about how we are different but also the same in many ways is very important.
    Well done Megan.

8. Dear Mrs Wendy, thanks i’m so glad someone other than Mrs Baldwin liking my work and i’m also glad someone (you) likes my work who deals with the topic allot!
    From Megan