100 Word Challenge

Finally the 100 Word Challenge has begun!! If your wondering what this challenge is and what it involves then keep reading!

Every year the blogging community run a competition called the 100 Word Challenge which is open for students under the age of 16. Each week a prompt is given which can be a series of words or a picture and students need to use the prompt to create a writing piece of up to 100 words. Each Sunday a new writing prompt is added to the website and everyone has until the following Saturday to enter.

comp

We have been writing some individually during class time each week. The writing prompt last week was using the words below

flame,  swimming,  celebrated, white, tomorrow 

This weeks prompt is a picture

• Does it show ghosts out shopping?
  • Where have they come from?
  • Are they dangerous?

Mrs Baldwin was so impressed with everyone really getting involved in the challenge and using their imaginations to write a short piece using this prompt. Everyone was so excited and enthusiastic and many wanted to share their writing piece at the end of the lesson.

school13

We use our Word App on our devices to type up our writing pieces. This is an activity that we will be doing each week in class and if this week is anything to go by, everyone will be excited to participate and use their imaginations.

For more information you can check out the website here. You can also read what other students are entering in all different age levels from all different countries.

Good luck everyone and have fun!!

school15

What do you enjoy the most about the 100 Word challenge?

If you could choose a writing prompt what would it be?

Can you post your writing about this weeks picture.

29 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge

1. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

I enjoy being creative

The prompt that I’ll want to do is “LIT”

This is my story,

On Friday the 13th at 11:59pm 4 headless ghosts will appear at a shopping mall. The ghosts are white and tall you can see through them and they can go through walls but only shopping mall walls. People think it’s fake but I’ve seen only 3 I wonder if the 4th one died or the other ghosts ate him I really do wonder what happened to that ghost. The people that believe these ghosts think that the 4th ghost is always at a different shopping mall but I think the other ghosts ate him. Is this a myth or real?

2. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    One night when people thought that ghost aren’t real but then scientists have proved that ghosts are real and if you don’t believe me you could tell if you go to a shopping mall while four ghosts appear everyone is amazed that scientists have actually been experimenting for all those years
    And have actually proved correctly this time everyone is asking for the ghosts autograph but all the time the pen would drop out of his and hers ghostly hand so the ghosts start to run and hide then they went back into their portal to be alone the end.

What I enjoyed the most about the 100WC was making our story with our prompt.
    My choice of how the prompt would be is (They See him rolling)

From Harrison

3. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

I enjoy using my iPad and being creative and writing and counting the words up to 100 words

The prompt that I’ll want to do is ”Harry potter”

This is my story,

4. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

Once there Jack was playing with a his phone Zac told jack To go the mall but he saw this roaming person or a gosht Jake was like naaaa that was just my imagination or is it so he just follow it (how dumb ) there was four of them in the mall why the mall why not a grave these ghosts at stupid thought Jake he went towards them and said HELLO CAN YOU HEAR MEEE the ghost had said YESSSSSSS and Jake ran home in tears still think to go back and Zac said go back go back.

Please enjoy the story

What I enjoyed was making up a story with ghosts and it was wired and fun

My prompt would be a house was lit and illuminating up

5. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

And have actually proved correctly this time everyone is asking for the ghosts autograph but all the time the pen would drop out of his and hers ghostly hand so the ghosts start to run and hide then they went back into their portal to be alone the end

What I enjoyed the most about the 100WC was making our story with our prompt and sometimes where the prompt can be very funny My choice of how the prompt would be is (They See him rolling)

From Harrison

6. 100 word challenge

There was a normal family and they were at a shopping centre. Their son had his birthday yesterday. They were getting him a present. He wanted to get a ps4 but his parents wouldn’t let him so he got a brand new phone instead. That made him happy. He wanted to try it out but his mum and dad wouldn’t let him until he said thank you so he said it and then he took a picture of the centre. He looked at it carefully and saw four ghosts he showed his parents. They couldn’t believe it

What I enjoy the most is the writing and detail because it makes you a better writer and if you want to be a writer this could help you in the future if you want to make books and be famous for your work.

If I could choose it I would do a sort of Bondi rescue because they save peoples lives and that is doing a great deed for the world and also because they inspire you to do good things for our world and not bad things.

7. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed about the 100wc is that we got ideas from the teacher and everyone got creative with their 100wc ghost stories.

If I could choose a writing prompt it would be a scary themed with haunted houses and ghost.

One normal night everyone was out shopping but no one knew that there were ghost out there. But not one but four ghost wondering around. Their heads were gone and no one saw them. No one knew that they were going to attack at midnight which was only ten minutes away. When everyone was finishing up they were getting in their possessions ready to pounce out. And catch them all and eat them. It was midnight and they were ready. One minute later they were all dinner.

By James G

8. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    One day in a city called London people were shopping but while they were in the shops there was something that nobody thought would ever happen and that thought was ghosts. When people came out they were so scared that they just fell over and laid there. The ghosts were barely visible and had no head but people were still so scared that they fell on the ground with no reason. The ghosts were very famous people like Wilt Chamberlain. Some people didn’t fall over though and they found out that it was just a person tricking all the people.
    I enjoy creating funny and scary books and using my mind to create a story by myself.
    And he had the ball……………….
    And he had the ball……………….

9. Dear Miss Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed the most about the 100 wc was that we go to be creative and make a story about four ghosts at a shopping centre. I also enjoyed writing a story with the sentences that you made up.

The prompt I would choose would be “ As the lollies jumped out of the jar.” Because it’s will sound good in a story and that lollies are yummy.

Once upon a time, on the streets there were four ghosts they had died at the shopping centre. They always tried to scare people and there names were Milly, Billy, Jeff and Harry but they only came out at midnight when people came back from work. Billy and Milly were twins and Jeff and Harry were brothers. On night they all went out to the shops that they had died at and they saw flowers in the spot that they had died in. So they became nice ghosts and they started to help people without them knowing.THE END

From Constantina

10. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed most about the 100word challenge was we could do what ever you want and could gat so creative. If I could I would be if you would create the next Harry Potter book called Harry Potter and the golden time turner

From Jorja👦🏻👓⚡️

“Now this is true story”whispered John
    “Every second year on the31st of October 4 unfriendly ghosts come out on Oxford street and hunt people”told John.
    “Really”cried Lilly
    “Can we go tomorrow”begged James
    “Ok”said John. So the next morning they watch on Oxford street until it was 8:30 they got out of the car and sat down they saw the 4 ginger,jack,giny and Ron.
    The group of ghosts came up to them they got scared and went back in to the car but the ghosts cemped following them they drove home and hid that night and on they had nightmares.

11. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I enjoyed that I can be really creative and it was fun because it is interesting to write and you could make it really fun. I would want to write about sports and mainly soccer that would be my prompt. One day there was a huge mall and it is full of people but many don’t know there are haunted ghosts and people can not see them and it was pretty casual there but there were people getting scared that they might be haunted and it was really cold and they only came out at nighttime but in time there asleep. They are really dangerous they can suck up soles and be people and trick them into things like traps and hidden cages and it’s bad for people and there really secure in where they are super ugly things inside.

From max

12. Dear miss Baldwin in the 100 challenge I the thing I enjoy the most is making up all the things. If I could pick a prompt I would pick what is you’re favourite sport and are you good at it.
    It’s Friday night 9:00pm at the outside shopping sender. There was more than 8 people in one store. But in fore stores there was one ghost in each store
    Outside there was millions of little lights every where it looks so pretty. There was a place called 561 and someone got a milk shake then they went yo get it out if the milk shake makers hand then it was gone
    So they rasped for there money back. Then they went to the next store to get some shoes but when they went up to the counter to asked what size they had in them shoes the shoes were gone.
    By Amelia

13. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed about the 100 word challenge is how creative I could be and I love coming up with story’s with the themes that you give us.
    If I could choose a writing prompt it would be we are all going to Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry.
    Dear Diary, I was in London shopping when I saw some ghosts I told my parents but they said I was crazy. I said hello can you hear me one said yes the others said WHAT. After that I kept telling my parents because they started stalking me I asked what their names are and they said Nearly headless Nick, the Bloody Baren, the grey lady and Rowena Ravenclaw. All my friends thought I was going crazy. One day the fourth ghost told me that was a pure-blood and that I was worthy of the Ravenclaw diadem
    Bye!! From Jordan😜

14. What I enjoyed most about the 100wc was the way we got to use our creativity in a fun and learning way.

If I got to choose a writing prompting would be one of the Harry Potter lines “yer a wizzard_____”

long long ago there were three children hermione, Ron & Harry they were going trick or treating they were very exited and ran off without their parents but……later on that night they found a big scary house they thought it was decorated but that was it’s normal look REAL webs REAL spiders and REAL noises the door creeped open and there was their parents except……… THEY WERE GHOSTS Harry Ron and hermione ran for their lives they ran to the closest shop and thought they were safe but they turned around and there were the ghosts AGAIN…

From tilly
    ヽ(=^・ω・^=)

15. Dear miss Baldwin,

1.that it is super challenging getting a story that is only 100 words long and has a prompt

2.it probably be about games

From jon

16. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    The thing that I envy the mot about the 100 word challenge is that you can be creative and you can create your own stories and all of the stories you create have to have a prompt or some random words I like it.

If I could chose a writing prompt it would definitely be my two favourite things rainbows and penguins because I love rainbows and penguins.

They were all sitting around a campfire and Josh said I have a scary story to tell anyone want to hear it? Ok shouted James, Jack and Max alright then here it is once there was a big city where there ghosts live they haunted everyone and whenever someone didn’t believe they were real they would banish them to the dark realm of gargamoris where they stayed there to rot in darkness forever! James, Jack and Max all jumped and headed a weird noise in the bush they were sitting next to and BAM! Out jumped a dark figure.

17. Dear mrs Baldwin,
    I enjoy using my imagination when I am writing my story and I like drawing the picture at the end.
    If I could choose a prompt to use for the 100word challenge would use a video.
    This is my story,
    One dark night in a big shopping mall there were three ghost. The ghost had no heads and they were scaring everyone but they were only trying to be friends with the people. The ghost would float around the mall they thought they would try to talk to them but the people got scared and ran away. One day when the ghost woke up they decided that if all the people would run away from them when they were tying to be friends with them they would dress up and it worked they were friends with the people. THE END By Lucena

18. Dears Mrs Baldwin,

What I liked the best about the 100 word challenge was that our teacher changed the topics every time we did it.

If I had to choose a prompt it would be and boom he had magical powers.

In a dark and scary world lived a four friendly ghosts they were obviously see though and they have come from Uranus. Everybody is really scared of them they didn’t like it.One day they went out shopping at a big shopping center where a lot of humans where and they went to a stall where make up was and they put some blush on there checks while the girl working there turned around to serve a customer. After she finished serving that customer she turned back around and screamed everybody heard her. The ghosts ran home and never came back.

Regards Chloe.

19. Dear Mrs Baldwin, You could be creative and make it up and find the hide an secrets in the typing. About a horse and a family. Yes I can Posta weighting about this weighting.

One night a long time ago at a market there liver head less ghost lurking around. A family fort they were dressing up but they didn’t know they were real. So they went to the head less ghost and said “grate costume,” than at off know a little kid was screaming “help there going to get me” than the family started to run away with the little girl. Than the went home hoping not to ever see them again. So they asked the little girl what were they trying to eat me so I screamed for help hoping somebody who’d help me and I found you.
    by tyla

20. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I liked about it was you could get a little creative by making your own story.

The ghosts were riding in a car like hell
    Yes I could post this writing story
    One night on Sunday there was 4 ghosts who were in a shopping mall .They were really dangerous humans could not see them because they were invisible. They then some stuff and they were scaring people and boo run. They then were getting food and putting it on people’s heads and legs. They were constantly laughing and sneering. They were being o mean finally the police came. They were being scared like scaredy cats that had a lot of fear. They were scaring people like hell. They were terrorising the mall. Then the police were scared like weirdos

21. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

That we got to write and it was easy.

My writing prompt would be and wow he did a backflip on his motorbike.

Jelly and the ghosts
    once there was a ghost called jelly He was a YouTuber he was at the mall with his family and they were scaring people but no jelly.jelly was a very thoutfull person and he just wanted to be normal he lives in a house in America and his friends that he only had one,he was a vampire called bloodsucker and he sucks people’s blood. His family are very dangerous but is not.And then something happens he turned human and he lived happily ever after.

That’s my story

The end
    From wil

22. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

Then one of the ghosts called Jeff had an idea on how they can get revenge on the humans “we can go to the shopping mall and scare all of them and make them let us come into the humans city,“said Jeff laughing. So from then on the ghosts and humans were best friends. As it turns out ghosts and humans had some things in conmen they both love to shop and both loved ice-cream. Sometimes the humans would dress up as ghosts and ghosts would dress up as humans. No one could stop the friendship between ghosts and humans the end.

From Tommy

23. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    That you can write anything about the picture that you want. I enjoy making stories and adding great names to the stories I’ve done and I enjoy reading it out loud to the class.

On December 25th in a dark spooky shopping mall there were four scary ghosts. Their names were Voldemort, Madi, Jacob , and Matilda who were scary and nice most of the time. They were just trying to be dazzling and were going into a forest to find a house with a nice large couch. They loved the huge mall with light bulbs for Christmas and they had so much fun and everyone in the city celebrated Christmas with smiles and happiness. The ghosts liked to go to the pool and jump in and celebrate Christmas and get presents.

From Tyler

24. 👻Dear diary today I saw some weird people & I’m not just trying to be mean because you can literally see through them oh I forgot to mention I was in a shopping centre which is obviously in London because that’s where I live there. Oh and I’m having oscines ,tea and steak for dinner . I’m not I huge fan of oscines but I do like tea and steak together #yum anyway let’s talk about the ghosts they are so super weird they scare me so much and I hate the feeling that their watching me # eek. bye.

25. Dear miss Baldwin what I liked about the 100 word challenge is when you give us a sentence Or a picture so we can think of what to write and make good story’s that make sent’s.

100wc. The ghosts in town

Once apon a time there was a town and it was called ghost street and everyone thought it was fake but one day a boy went down ghost street and the suddenly he started to hear loud scary noises.So the boy turns around and then he saw something but he was sure that he saw something move.He started to get scared he was so scared he started to scream and it got louder and louder so loud that everyone heard and woke up and the little boy went home and he never came outside again.

From Jazzmin

26. By Dear miss Baldwin
    What I enjoyed about 100wc was that you could be creative and it didn’t a long story. If I
    had to pick a prompt for the class it would be gymnastics because I like to write story’s about gymnastics.

There were four ghost that lived in the mall they liked to eat children and cat’s. So the ghost busters were called to vanish the ghost.
    When they came they started hunting for the ghost. When they found the ghost they realised they couldn’t shot them so they had to trap them in a jar. So the got four jar’s and
    Zapped 1 ghost in the first jar then zapped the second one . And zapped a norther one then the last one.
    HURRY we did it those ghost won’t be getting out any time soon.
    Lara

27. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    One dark and scary night on the 32 of October a nice 15 year old girl called Lilly was sitting at a big lovely little café with her friends Jorja and Kyra drinking some warm coffee until Jorja noticed a big modern shopping mall.’’Look,,shouted Jorja in a happy voice “What is it’’asked Lilly ‘’it’s a shopping mall”replied Jorja”let’s go get some clothes’’Yelped Kyra’’ok”said Lilly and Jorja. So they all went to pay for there coffee and then they went upstairs in the mall and saw a dark room and walk in and suddenly 4 ghosts appeared and the girls weren’t ever seen again.

28. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed about the one-hundred-word challenge was doing the funny prompt or a cool prompt and it was a lot of fun writing one hundred words because I get really creative and try and make it funny, crazy and exiting for whoever is reading my story or paragrahs.

It is the day before Halloween and going shopping for costumes, decorations and candy. But what the people don’t know is that there are four ghosts that come out on the day before Halloween and haunt, scare and terrify the people. The names of the ghosts are whisper, fly, creeper and crazy. They go every were and they always terrify the people for fun but there really just little kids that are always naughty on Halloween. The naughtiest is whisper because she can turn invisible so it is easier to scare people with floating stuff and floating food. FROM JASMIN.

29. 1. There was 5 ghost in a famous London shopping centre and the ghosts was scarring people with chainsaws in mid-air then the people had to be hidden in the shopping centre. The plaice had to came to help the people but they were scared to then they had to run to their car then drove to a army base then the army people drove in their tracks to the shopping centre. When the army people got there their they saw it and they where horded and then the ghost went away and the people came out.