Passion in our Persuasive Writing

Our main genre type that we have been focusing on has been Persuasion Writing.

What is the purpose?

The purpose of a persuasive text is to develop ideas and supporting details in order to present a logical argument from a particular point of view.

We began by discussing the structure of persuasive texts by looking at several different examples.

Structure

Introduction: States what the issue or topic is and what you think about it. It can also be used to attract attention.

Arguments: These are a series of points with supporting evidence.

Conclusion: This is where you restate your opinion and your arguments.

We were able to choose a topic that we felt passionate about and write a persuasive piece to convince the reader of our opinion. There were a range of topics chosen, some focusing on things to change at school and others focusing wider on issues involving the world around us.

We were all very excited to share our view points of different issues and it was great to have the opportunity to share our opinions. Some of us used the iPads to help make our arguments stronger by collecting evidence to support what we wanted to write. We also had to make sure we used strong words which are called modal verbs.

Some examples of these words include:

For                                                               Against

must                                                            must not

will                                                                 will not

would                                                            would not

should                                                           should not

may                                                                may not

always                                                            never

Our drafts were completed last term and we have now been using time in computing to type them up onto a Word Document.

Here are some samples of what we wrote.

What did you enjoy the most about the persuasive writing task?

What was your topic and why do you feel strongly about it?

Who could you send your writing piece to so that you could convince them that your opinion is correct?

28 thoughts on “Passion in our Persuasive Writing

1. Dear Mrs B,

i enjoyed that it could help me express my feelings on the topic

my topic was ipads should be allowed to be played on school grounds before and after school, i fell strong about this. because it makes sense

i would like to send it to Mr grant because it is about a school rule he can lift.

from jonathan.

1. dear Jon,

i agree with the topic you picked because its just a bit of fun before school right? and he’s not saying we need to but it would be fun getting together with friends to play.

from Tilly

2. Dear Miss Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed the most was when we got our scores because I got 20 out of 20 and when we typed it up because I was very exited.

My topic was that Dogs are better than Cats I picked that because we learn a lot about it in year 2 and 3.

I would send it to a cat store.

From Constantina 🐳

3. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed was typing it on the computer.
    My topic was White Tigers Should Be Treated Better I feel strongly about it because it came from my heart and I care for animals.
    I would like to send to the Government because they can change the law
    From Jordan👧🏻

1. Dear Jordan,

That is a great topic to pick and its very kind. You were very good at the persuasive piece but next time i think you can improve.
      From Tilly

4. dear mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed the most was writing all about it .

My topic was there should be a girls power team I feel strongly about it because I don’t know why.

Would like to send it to the power club so they could originize it .

from Wil

1. To Wil,

I have a two questions for you

1. Is there anyone else you would like to send it to.

2. Do you feel passion about your topic.

By HARRISON😎😎.

5. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed the most about this writing task was that we get to spread what we think about our topic to who ever we want and they could spread what we have written as well. My topic was students shouldn’t wear school uniform and I eel strongly about this because its getting a little bit boring and its wasting parents money. I would like to send my piece of writing to Mr Grant because he is the principle and he makes all the decisions in the school.
    From Baylee

6. Dear mrs Baldwin,

What I enjoyed the most was that you could pick your own topic and that we could decorate it. My topic was veganism. I deeply feel about it because my family are and animals are getting eaten 😭. I would like to send it on the blog so then some people around the world know.😉

from Jorja😜

7. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    What I enjoyed the most was that we got to choose our topic and we got to type it all up.

My topic was pugs are better then cats. I feel strongly about it because I really like pugs and they are really cute and they are loving.

I would like tossed it to my brother because he loves pugs as much as I do he would really love me to.

8. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

What i enjoyed most was the typing & changing the font. My topic was cats are better than dogs and i feel confident about it because I’m passionate about cats and think they are very cute.I would send it to my dad because he dose not like cats.

From Tilly

9. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

what I enjoyed the most was typing my persuasive text on the computer

My topic was all students should play real Minecraft at school. I feel strongly about it because students might start playing real Minecraft at school

I would like to sent it to Mr grant because he is our principle

From Zac💸

10. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

What I enjoyed the most was typing up our persuasive pieces because we also got to find a photo that is about our topic.

My topic was misimatosis I feel strongly about it because my pet rabbits died from the disease.

I would like to send my writing to Jay whether and the Government because I think they will be able ton make a difference to the world.

11. dear mrs baldwin

what i enjoyed the most about persuasive writing was typing my 3rd argument .

my topic was people should stop testing products on animals i feel strongly about it because i know how it feels to lose a loved animal.

I would like to send it to a beauty store because they test alot of beauty products on animals.
    from Kyra.

12. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed the most was writing it up on the computer.

My topic was Dogs are better than cats. I feel strongly about it because I have played with dogs before and been in a house with cats a lot.

I would like to give it to my mum because she likes cats better than dogs

From Lucena

13. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed the most is writing because I can use my imagination so I can be creative. My topic was Lizards and better then other pets. I fell strongly about it is because I fell very passionate about it. I would like to send it to my mum and dad so they can read it and see how they react because there favourite animal is cats.

Regards Max

14. Dear Baldwin what i enjoyed was we could come up with our own topic . Mine was Strongly agree that students should not have homework. Agree because we will get frustrated and will get complex .And we need all the time to do our stuff. I did want to persuade
    parants. I would like to send it to the council we need time to do our jobs

from Laksmon

15. miss Baldwin,

what i enjoyed the most was writing because i like it.
    My topic is dogs are better then cats. I feel strongly about it because dogs are fun.
    I would like to send it to tilly because she loves cats.

From Lara

16. Dear mrs Baldwin,
    My persuasive writing topic was more kids should play basketball. I chose this topic because i play basketball and it is a fair game and a game were kids can be active and have fun. I would send this to mr grant because he could set up sum basketball lessons.

From Tom

17. Dear miss baldwin,
    what I enjoyed the most about persuasive writing was.
    that i got choose what topic i could do that was port Adelaide is the best club in the AFL,
    and has has great players, and i got choose what background you wanted.
    port adelaide is the best team, in the AFL because they never give up in games and they try there hardest.
    I would like to send it to eddie betts because he wouldn’t say it is true because he plays for the crows.
    regards Tyler

18. Dear mrs Baldwin
    What I enjoyed most Was typing and doing lots of research. My topic was stop killing white lions I feel strong about this topic because we could lose this amazing animals. I would like to send it to Africa because lions live in Africa.

from Tyla

19. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    Want i enjoyed the most was typing it on the computer.

My topic was cricket should play more in SA because i want to see David Warne play and the others.

can you send it to Daren Leamen

From Archer Rothall

20. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

What I enjoyed the most was typing it up on the computer because it took me a shorter amount of time.

My topic was Adults should ban children from electronics after school because it stops kids from being lazy.

I would like to send it to a publisher because hopefully all adults will agree with me when it gets sent out.

BY HARRISON

21. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    the most enjoyable bit for me was when I finished because all my effort finally paid off.My topics Port Adelaide should have an AFLW team and I feel strong about it people can stay near home, two Adelaide teams and to get better crowds to boys games. I could send it to the head of the AFLW to make it into the AFLW.

From James M

22. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    what I enjoyed the most is when we got to type it up because it was fun. My topic Minecraft is Educational and i felt strongly about it because i feel good about it. If I wanted to i would send my writing to the news paper because they don’t believe that my option is right and i would like to change their minds.

From Ruby.

23. Dear miss Baldwin what i liked was typing because when i write it hurts my hand.
    My topic was students should play Soccer for a club i feel like i did do very good and i loved it.
    I would send it to my Mum and Dad i think that they would love my opinion and they might think that my opinion is correct so i should send to my whole family

24. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What i enjoyed the most about the persuasive writing task is realising when i finished it all payed off.
    My topic was about being allowed to use Minecraft at school i feel strong about this topic because it would help the teachers and kids because kids won’t realise there learning when they play the game about some exotic stuff.
    I could send my writing to mr grant the principal so he could see how good this game is.

25. Dear Mrs Baldwin ,
    what i enjoyed the most was typing on the computer because all you’re actually doing is typing.

my topic was that everyone should go swimming every year.I feel strongly about it because it is good for your health and you will be stronger and safer.

i would like to send it to my family and to friend because they might want to see it.

from jazzmin