The Obstacle-A-Thon 2016

As one of our fundraisers this year, our school held an Obstacle-A-Thon on Friday the 23rd of September. Our time was from 11:15am – 12:45pm.

Each class had 8 minutes to complete each station that was set up on the oval. The stations were:

1. Inflatable Obstacle Course
  2. Basketball Rings
  3. Mini Trampoline
  4. Hurdle Run, Soccer Weave
  5. Tennis Lacrosse
  6. Lava Island
  7. Cup Stacking
  8. Swordfish
  9. Water Bucket Relay
  10. Hoops

We started at the Tennis Lacrosse and finished at the Basketball Rings. Unfortunately we ran out of time to complete the last 2 activities but we had a lot of fun learning some new games and working together as a team.

Check out some videos and photos that one of our classmates took on the day!

img_0145 img_0194 img_0112 img_0111 img_0108 img_0107 img_0100 img_0091 img_0088

IMG_0131 from skye baldwin on Vimeo.

IMG_0118 from skye baldwin on Vimeo.

IMG_0113 from skye baldwin on Vimeo.

IMG_0109 from skye baldwin on Vimeo.

A lot of us completed a sponsor sheet where we collected as many sponsors as possible. Our sponsors then gave us donations or a pledge per activity.

The money raised will be used to refurnish the Library to make it a more flexible learning area for all the students in the school. We have been lucky to have some of the furniture we are able to buy on loan so we can test out what works and fits in with our school.

img_0903 img_0901 img_0905 img_0904

What did you enjoy the most about the Obstacle-A-Thon and why?

If you could organise or design a station for the Obstacle-A-Thon what would it be?

Using the money our school raises what furniture would you like in the library and why?

14 thoughts on “The Obstacle-A-Thon 2016

1. dear miss Baldwin,
    unfortunately I was sick on the Obstacle-A-Thon day and I was really looking forward to it! ;(
    But from the pictures and videos it looked like a lot of fun!

2. Hello Mrs Baldwin

I most enjoyed the bouncy castle and the cup stacking as they were hard to do and fun.
    If I could make my own obstacle it would be most words written down in a miniute.
    I would buy the seats and tables.
    From Emily๐Ÿฆ„

3. Dear Mrs Baldwin

I enjoyed working with Steven the most because he makes funny but good voices for each character.

The skills I have learnt using iMovie are to do your best, put lots of sound affects and that you need a transition after every scene.

It’s important when reading aloud to people to not get nervous or laugh because you don’t have a second chance in front of a crowd.

To Dylan

4. dear mrs b

the furniture I would like to buy is the flower , bounce chairs and the big table.

A station that I would design for the obstacle-A-thon would be a bigger bounce castle because it would be more fun.

from Connor .

5. Dear mrs b

I enjoyed the jumping castle the most because you got to race a friend.

i would design a massive whole school tug of war

using the money we should get the wobbly chairs

from James ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค–๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

6. Dear Miss Baldwin,

What I enjoyed the most at the Obstacle-a-thon the most was the inflatable obstacle course because falling through all the objects was really fun!

A station I would design for the Obstacle-a-thon would be jumpy castle boxing and itโ€™s just like boxing but in a jumpy castle.

The furniture I would like to buy is maybe a WiiU so kids can play games on it or one of toughโ€™s masageing chairs cause their relaxing.

Signed, Finn

7. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

what I enjoyed most about the obstacle-a-thon was probably the inflatable castle and having to vs someone it was really exciting and I came first all the time that I vs someone.

A station that I would organise or design for the obstacle-a-thon would be a clothes relay while dancing because it would be silly and a fun thing to do and I think people would really enjoy it.

The furniture I would like to buy more of the wobbly chairs as they are fun to sit on and they are good for your posture and I really like them.

From Bridie

8. Dear mrs baldwin,
    I enjoyed the obstacle a thon because there was a a jumpy castle that i liked. A station that i will want will be a football and a soccer shots station. At the library the seat i would like will be the circle seat because it is very comfy and cool.

From Steven

9. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I enjoyed most about the obstacale-a-thon was the bouncey carsal because you could race aganst friends which was really fun.

A station I would design for the obstacale-a-thon would be a turesure hunt on the playground and the person who finds the most lollies wins but they donโ€™t get to eat the lollies.

The furniture I would like to buy is the slidy coulerful shape maker coach and the flower wobbly chairs because you can move all the furniture around to your confort. I like the colours that the new furniture has and I cant wait until we permenitly get new furniture for the library.

From Tia

10. Dear mrs Baldwin,
    i enjoyed at the obstacle-a-thon was the jumpy castle because it was so challenging and Fun.

A station that i would design would be a obstacle corse like jumping over thing going under thing climbing because i like a challenge๐Ÿ™‰

the furniture i would choose would be the red swingy chairs!๐Ÿ˜œ

11. Dear mrs Baldwin
    What i enjoyed at the obstical-a-thon was going on the bouncy castle because it was bouncy and very fun.

A station that i would design for the obstacle-a-thon would be hay bale hurtle because its fun.

The furniture i would like to buy is the red and black seats because i like how they spin around.
    from Aarone๐Ÿ™‚

12. Dear mrs baldwin
    I enjoyed at the obstacle-a-thon the most
    The activities and working as a team. Racing with friends because it is fun

a station that i would design of the obstacle-a-thon would be
    a competition how could hola hooithe longest that would be really fun

the furniture I would like to buy is
    the couches because they are really soft and worm relaxing

from sophia

13. Hi miss Baldwin,

I would make a sack race because it would be fun to fall over.

I would like to have the flower cushions using the money that our school raises because they are comfy.

Kind Regards Alicia

14. Dear Ms Baldwin,

The thing I enjoyed the most about the obstacle-athon was getting to jump on the jumpy castle & playing the noodle game because the jumpy castle we got to racer friends & the noodle game because we got to be the person that helps other people when they have to bob down because they got hit below the waist.

A nation I would design for the obstacle-a-thon would be where were you have to throw the ball & hit the blue target and if you miss & the person behind you hit it you would be out.

The furniture I would like to purchase would be the chairs that are shaped like a flower because they are really comfortable & they are able to split apart if you want to sit somewhere else with the seats.

From Tarj ๐Ÿ˜€