At the end of our Science topic called ‘Plant Life cycles’ our class had to create a PowerPoint presentation about the different stages of a plant. This was quite a challenge as we needed to remember all the information that we learnt throughout the term and choose the important facts to include in each slide. It is very interesting to read and view everyone’s presentations and the facts that people decided to include on each slide. Mrs. Baldwin was very impressed with every student using at least two scientific words that we learnt during the science lessons.
We needed to include the following slides:
- Title Page
We also learnt and practiced how to create a presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint. This is a very important skill to have as it is these skills we will use a lot more during our school and adult life. The skills we learnt and practiced in creating our PowerPoint presentation’s were
- Creating themes and backgrounds
- Changing the fonts and sizes of the writing
- Importing pictures from Google images on the slides
- Choosing the transitions, sounds and animations of the fonts for each slide
- Making sure the layout is readable and well presented for the audience to view
- Using spell check as an editing tool
We were all very excited to have our slides displayed on our class blog. Please sit back and enjoy our presentations below.
What did you enjoy the most about using PowerPoint?
What skill did you learn about using the Powerpoint program?
When so you think you or an adult could use the Powerpoint program in everyday life?