Welcome back for 2015!

Well six weeks has passed and the holidays are over for another year! Mrs Baldwin hopes that everyone has had a very relaxing and enjoyable break. There is so much to look forward to this year! Below are just some of the things to get excited about!!

Brainstorm Production

Working with our CAT buddies

Achieving our Accelerated Reader targets

Science investigations

PowerAndLight_01a_bb

Maths investigations

Blogging

Year 4 Camp

Swimming lessons

sm5

Lacrosse clinics

Running Assembly

Using a range of computer programs in computing

eggpc

Games Day

Entering into the Mayoral Make a Book

and loads, loads more!!!

Over the holidays Mrs Baldwin has planned some exciting topics and activities to learn about this year along with setting up the classroom. There is already a lot of student work placed around the room which has made the classroom feel inviting and a friendly place to be in.

We are all looking forward to an exciting year of learning!

What are you looking forward to the most in Year4 and why?

What do you like the best about the classroom and why?

56 thoughts on “Welcome back for 2015!

1. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    1. In year 4 I’m looking foward to camp because I’ve never been before.
    2. I’m also looking forward to having little cat buddies. They’re so cute!
    3. What I love about our classroom is that everything is so colourful and set out nicely.
    4. Mrs. Baldwin you’re really nice and lovely.
    From Piper

1. Dear Piper,
      Camp will be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it as well! Thank you for the lovely compliment! Its great to hear you are enjoying the classroom.
      From Mrs Baldwin

2. Dear Mrs Baldwin, I love the classroom because it’s brightly coloured and there’s lots of work. I love the effort Mrs Baldwin has done like the check it out library corner, the mathletics certificate stars and how the jobs are set up.
    I’m really looking forward to meeting our cat buddies and going on camp. I love my class and my teacher Mrs Baldwin. I can’t wait till camp, swimming and games day.
    From Hannah

1. Dear Hannah,
      Its great to hear you enjoy the colours of the classroom and the class library! CAT buddies are always fun and we hope to start seeing them more in the next few weeks! Great job Hannah!
      From Mrs Baldwin

1. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
        yes I really love the class library because you can borrow books without going to the school library. I also like it because there is a great range of books. Nancy Drew are great books by Caroline Keene, I read them a lot.
        From Hannah

3. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    This year I am exited about Sports Day because I want to get actve. Another reason is because we came second last year. I am also exited about Camp an swwimming.

1. Dear Hayden,
      It is always great to be active and sports day is a great opportunity to do this. Its wonderful to hear you are looking forward to these activities. Camp will be very exciting in term 2 and lots of fun!
      From Mrs Baldwin

4. Dear Mrs Baldwin I am looking forward to camp because I have never been camping and I have never been to Illuwonga. I hope it will be fun and entertaining with bush walks and meeting new animals
    I like the classroom because it is pretty and we have our own lockers I also like the check it out poster and the dojo rewards
    from kain

1. Dear Kain,
      I think many people are looking forward to camp including the teachers. There will be lots to do and see and I am sure you will learn lots of new things. Its great to hear you enjoy using dojo and the check out poster! Keep up the great effort.
      From Mrs Baldwin

5. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I am really looking forwad to going on camp in Ilawonga.
    1. My cousins have been and they had fun
    2. Its my first time on camp
    3. I am looking forward to all the activities.
    From Imogen

1. Dear Imogen,
      The camp is very exciting and will be a lot of fun in term 2. As it is your first time on camp I can imagine you would be even more excited!
      From Mrs Baldwin

6. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I like the classroom because I think we will have fun with art,science,maths,writing stories and spelling.I also think that the class at the end of the year the class will be full of art and pictures and maybe some experiments.
    I am looking forward to going to camp I have been waiting for a long time. I thought you sleep in a tent but now I know you sleep in a cabin thing
    From Christian

1. Dear Christian,
      I am sure you will have lots of fun this year doing all the subjects you have written about. Its great to hear that you enjoy lots of different subjects and that you are looking forward to all that learning. At camp you do sleep in a cabin which will be fun as well.
      From Mrs Baldwin

7. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I am looking forward to be getting cat buddies because it will be fun working with them.I also can’t wait for mayoral make a book.

I like the class room because its got a lot of things to help us with.it is very colourful and nice
    From Jude

1. Dear Jude,
      It is great to hear you are looking forward to the Mayoral Make a Book. It is wonderful that you enjoy writing so much and using your imagination to create interesting stories.
      The classroom is very bright and colourful and I am glad you enjoy it.
      From Mrs Baldwin

8. Dear Mrs B,l thank it is really cool how we have nealy foalle dreter the room.it is so fun in this class room. l wish my bro can be in this room when he is in year 4.
    l am really excited about camp this year . it will be really ease for me.l go to k.i. for 1 week ever year.
    from Finnigan

1. Dear Finnigan,
      It is wonderful to hear that you are having fun in the classroom! The camp is something to definitely look forward to. There will be lots of things to see and do. Have fun in K.I this week!
      From Mrs Baldwin

9. dear miss baldwin ,I have been looking forward to meet my cat buddy because i love little kids .i enjoy doing art because i think its good for you to do and you can olso learn new things .i like doing spelling because i like to write from jessica m

1. Dear Jessica M,
      CAT buddies are always fun and we will be meeting them very soon! It is great to hear you enjoy doing art. I also enjoy art and hope to do lots of interesting pieces of work this year!
      From Mrs Baldwin

10. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I’m looking forward to camp because my brother went to camp and he said it was so much fun. So now my class is going to camp this year. I hope we will enjoy it as much as he did.

This year I think the best thing in our class is the class library , because we don’t have to walk
    all the way to the school library.

Also I think the class Dojo is good because it lets your parents know how good is your behaviour at school.
    From Mateja

1. Dear Mateja,
      It is great to ear you are enjoying the class library and he selection of books. I agree that class dojo is good especially that parents can see what students are doing. Keep up the great work!
      From Mrs Baldwin

11. Dear Miss Baldwin, I’m looking forward to Year 4 camp because we get to spend 2 nights with our friends . I also would like to know if we get to chose who we want to sleep with? Will we get to sleep in tents or cabins?

Dear Miss Baldwin, the thing I like most about your class room is you always have everything ready for our task . I also like that our tables our so close so that if we want to give a rubber or a pencil to a friend we can just pass it to them.

From Jasmine

1. Dear Jasmine,
      We will be sleeping in cabins at the camp which will be very comfortable. Its nice to hear that you are enjoying the classroom and how organised it is. I agree that it is handy sitting near other tables so you can share items. Well done on your efforts so far this year!
      From Mrs Baldwin

12. dear mrs b,
    I am excited about all of the stuff we are going to do like camp,mathscience,chess.

The classroom isn’t to big or to small.ther is a good view of the oval and the room is ccolorful.
    from cooper 🙂

1. Dear Cooper,
      Wow, you are excited about a lot of things this year which is wonderful! I agree the view of the oval is lovely and the room is very colourful which can cheer people up. Great job!
      From Mrs Baldwin

13. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    I am looking forwards to a lot of fun stuff because it is all ready fun.

I like how the room is organised because it is colourful.

from Elyssa

1. Dear Elyssa,
      We will be doing lots of fun things this year which I am sure you will enjoy!
      I am glad to hear you like how organised and colourful the classroom is. Well done on your achievements this year
      From Mrs Baldwin

14. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    I am excited about going swimming.
    I am excited about going camping.
    I am excited about going lacrosse.

I like my class because it is Beautiful.
    I like my class because it has Nice people.
    I like my class because it is quiet.
    From Mila

1. Dear Mila,
      That’s great to hear you are looking forward to a range of things this year. We are very lucky this year that we have very nice people in our room and it is very quiet. Everybody is working beautifully! Keep up the wonderful efforts this year.
      From Mrs Baldwin

15. dear mrs Baldwin,
    The best thing about the classroom is its always filled with enjoyment and the best teacher mrs Baldwin.

I am looking forward to this years camp because my family has a caravan so I love camping. I am also looking forward to art because I like drawing and finally lacrosse because it is fun. from Jade

1. Dear Jade,
      Thanks for the lovely compliment Jade. Its great to hear you are enjoying your time in the classroom.
      Camping will be loads of fun this year. It sounds like you are experienced in camping because you have been with your family. I am sure we will have a wonderful time.
      From Mrs Baldwin

16. dear miss baldwin i really really cant wate till games day and swimming. oh and also will you make a page whith apropreate movies like the lego movie alven and the chimuncs diary of a wimpy kid 1 2 and 3 and other aprpopreate movies? From Merlin

1. Dear Merlin,
      Its great to hear that you are looking forward to games day. It is a great day to be active and have lots of fun outside!
      I like your idea with having appropriate movies to add to the blog. I will have to see what I can do to add this.
      From Mrs Baldwin

17. Dear mrs Baldwin
    Im really excited when we go on camp because iv’e never gone camping before .
    The next thing im looking forward to do is swimming because my dad teaches me becsuse we got a pool at home.But the thing that im really excited about is having my first cat buddie because they are really cite. From Kayne

1. Dear Kayne,
      Camping will be a lot of fun next term and you will be able to learn lots of new things plus spending time with your friends in the outdoors. Its great to hear your dad is teaching you to swim. It is very important to be water safe and the swimming lessons will help you even more!
      From Mrs Baldwin

18. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

I am looking forward to seeing my cat buddies because I like helping others with things.I hope I get Orlando because he is my friends little brother.I am also looking forward to camp Ilawonga
    because you might be able to see animals and its like a big sleep over.

I like our class because there is a class library and I like reading.The class looks nice because it has a nice view of the oval and I like our class because people are nice and spread good feelings
    to people.

By Grayson

1. Dear Grayson,
      It is lovely to hear that you enjoy helping others. The CAT buddies are very lucky to have wonderful people like you helping them! I can see that you really enjoy reading which is excellent. The class library has a wide variety of books that you can definitely look at.
      I agree we have some very nice people in our class this year. This des help with feeling happy and having good feelings when in the classroom.
      From Mrs Baldwin

19. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I’m looking forward to games day, because I absolutely love sport especially running. It’s a fun day, I like to dress up in my team colour and spray my hair.
    I also can’t wait to see my cat buddy, to look after them and do special activities.

The thing I like most about our class is the people in the class, they are funny and it’s the best class I’ve had so far. I think our class blog will be great and I love the dojo points app.
    I’m happy with my cool teacher Mrs Baldwin.
    From Jake

1. Dear Jake,
      Its great to hear that you enjoy sport and are looking forward to games day. It will be a great opportunity to be active and enjoy a day outside with everybody!
      I am glad you are enjoying the classroom. The class dojo points is very popular just like you, everybody is enjoying using it. Thanks for the lovely compliment. I try my best to be cool when I can!
      From Mrs Baldwin

20. Dear Mrs Baldwin.

I think I am going to be having a wonderful year and having great fun and friends. I am looking forward to going away camping, maths and maybe doing some sports. I think you are going to be a wonderful teacher this year and a lot of fun.
    I really like class dojo as well as this blog.

From Ryan

1. Dear Ryan,
      I think you will have a wonderful year too, especially with having great friends to play with and help you. Its great to hear you are looking forward to lots of activities at school. Thank you for the compliment. This year will definitely be lots of fun!
      From Mrs Baldwin

21. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    What I really like about the classroom is all the kind people. I also like all the art work. What I also
    like is the check it out lirary
    from Imogen

1. Dear Imogen,
      Our classroom is a great place to be in because of the wonderful students in it. I agree that everybody is very nice and helpful!
      Its great to hear that you are enjoying the class library. Keep reading and borrowing books!
      From Mrs Baldwin

22. Dear ms Baldwin
    I am looking forward to the school camp most of all.It is our year 4 camp although it is 1 every 2 years and is with the year 3s.We are camping at Illawonga.I have never been camping with my family never mind school!I would like the experience camping for future events.

This year what I like about the classroom is it has SOOOOOOOOO many things it gives a homely vibe.In the room we have mostly things about behaviour and goals as well things about us.In the room lots of things are colourful giving the room a bright appearance
    From David

1. Dear David,
      Camp will be a big highlight for this year and everybody including you are looking forward to it. As its your first time camping I am sure you will learn lots and discover hat it is like to camp in the outdoors!
      Thanks for the great compliment. The classroom does feel homely and I am glad to hear your feel happy and comfortable in it. Lots of people have said they enjoy the colours which is terrific! Keep up the wonderful efforts this year
      From Mrs Baldwin

23. I am very pleased to see the comments from you and your classmates David and to hear about what a great class you have – lots of exciting things to look forward to, especially the camp.
    It’s great for me to be able to look at your class blog and keep in touch with what you are doing at school. I miss being able to pop into school with you sometimes. When I come back to Australia in August I will feel like I know some of your classmates and Mrs Baldwin and know about the interesting things you have been doing at school.
    Pen (from Alexandria, Egypt)

24. dear miss baldwin i am looking farward to see are cat buddy soon because i want to make with them i hope we can do lots of making soon you are the best teacher i hope we do lots of fun stuff the is year. From Jessicag

1. Dear Jessica G,
      We will get to meet our CAT buddies very soon. I know lots of people are looking forward to working with them. Thanks for the lovely compliment. We will be doing lots of fun this this year and I am sure you will learn lots!
      From Mrs Baldwin

25. dear miss Baldwin,

I am looking forward to camp because you get to be with your friend’s and the bonus is it is for two nights.What sort of stuff are we doing on camp? I am also looking forward to swimming because I looooooooooooove swimming.

what I like about the class room is the bookshelf because it has soooo many book’s to choose from. I also like how our tray’s are above our lockers.
    From Kendra

1. Dear Kendra,
      We will be doing lots of different activities at camp this year. Some will involve the water and others will include learning about the wildlife and the environment!
      Its great to hear you enjoy the class library. Keep choosing and reading the books! Well done on your efforts so far!
      From Mrs Baldwin

26. Camp because my sister went nearly every year but she didnt like the food. And cat buddies because my friend Ellas brother is in that class. And games day because theres sport/games and last year my team won

The best thing is that our class has the best teacher in the world. most of my friends are in my class as well. Last thing is ive got the best classmates
    From Connor

1. Dear Connor,
      Its great that you are looking forward to a range of activities this year. Games day will be lots of fun, well done for your team winning last year! Fingers crossed the yellow team win this year because that’s my team!
      Thanks for the lovely compliment. Its nice to hear you are enjoying this year and the classroom.
      From Mrs Baldwin

27. To miss baldwin i am looking forward to playing fun games in class and out of class and doing lots of sport i like sport i yosto not like sport now i love sport since i was in your class i love the class love jessicag

1. Dear Jessica G
      Its great you enjoy being active by playing sport. We will definitely be doing lots of active games this year!
      From Mrs Baldwin

28. Dear Mrs Baldwin,I am excited about camp. 1.My Sister,Nikita has gone on camp before. 2.I’ve never been on camp before,so it’s going to be special/exciting to go there. 3.I think were going with a Year 3 class,and Blake’s going on camp too,so we might be together.
    The thing I like about the classroom is the Mathletics progress chart. 1. Mrs Baldwin said to us,that whoever gets the most stars at the end of the term gets a prize. 2.It’s fun getting certicicates.
    from Jackson

1. Dear Jackson,
      Camp is very exciting and I am sure your older sister has told you all about the fun this you see and learn about while you are there.
      Its great that you enjoy the challenge of Mathletics and earning certificates. Keep up the wonderful efforts!
      From Ms Baldwin