Welcome to Term 4

Welcome back everyone for the last term of the year! I know Mrs. Baldwin can not believe how fast this year has flown and that there is now only 9 weeks left until the summer holidays.

We have a very busy term ahead with some special school events and classroom learning that are sure to keep us busy until the next holiday break! Below are just some of the events and learning that will occur this term:

Maths

Major project on designing our dream home and investigating the perimeter and area.

Creating some spinners and participating in mini investigations about chance and probability.

2D and 3D shapes and looking at nets by creating some Angry Bird models.

Cube_Animation

Science

Friction, Gravity, Forces and Motion

Participating in a lot of group investigations by creating models and constructions.

Reading

Continue with the Daily 5 rotations

Learning about the comprehension strategies of visualization and inferences

Accelerated Reader Targets

069

Writing

100 Word Challenges

Information Report writing on a planet

Oral Language

Presenting a speech about a planet to the class.

New Morning talk topics

Computing

Creating a PowerPoint about a chosen planet to present in our speech

Quick typing speed tests

Mathletics

eggputer

Art

Perspective drawing

Christmas activities

art6943

Year 4 End of Year Celebration Excursion

Student Teachers visiting our class between Weeks 1-4

CAT Buddy Activities

Grange Games Day – Week 3 Friday

at009

After the two week break everyone should have recharged their batteries and ready to participate in all these exciting topics and activities for Term 4.

What are you looking forward to doing most this term and why?

If you could choose a topic or activity for the class to do in term 4 what would it be?

19 thoughts on “Welcome to Term 4

1. Dear Mrs Baldwin

This term I am looking forward to doing the perspective drawing and the dream house.
    The activity that I would love to talk through is something in art, what I would do is something I do lots at home and I love it. To make it you use a pencil and draw one line where ever you want but it has to have lots of spaces so that when you finish the line you colour the inside lots in of different colours.

From Brodie

1. Dear : Miss Baldwin,

The thing I am looking forward to the most this term is ART. It is art because it gets your brain thinking and it is FUN.
      If I could chose a topic for school it would be FREE CHOSE because it is FUN and people will listen to me and it would be fun.

From : Olivia.

2. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I’m looking forward to designing our dream home and having a excursion because I enjoy and get a lot of fun out of creating houses and who doesn’t like excursion sorry for people that do not like them.

If I was to choose something to do in term 4 it would be dream home, all art and 100 word challenge.

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. BALDWIN HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY AND NOW THE WHOLE CAN KNOW ABOUT IT.

From Anika

3. Dear Mrs Baldwin,

What I am looking forward to the most
    this year is Sports day because I am in
    the championships for the sprints.

If I could chose an activity for the class
    to do it would be to make a cardboard
    christmas tree.

From Anah😜

4. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    It looks like a grate line up
    For the end of the year
    I’m so exited

From Charlie

5. Dear mrs Baldwin,
    The things that I am looking ford to are the dream house thing and sports day because everyone has been talking about the dream house and it sounds like a lot of fun and I’m also am looking ford to sports day because I’m in the sprints for sports day and I think that it will be a really fun term.
    From Jess

6. Dear Mrs Baldwin I’m looking forward to the excursion at the end of the year because I have never been on an excursion and also you can see new things like the zoo and other things and if I could choose a activity it would be chemistry from Lewis

7. dear mrs Baldwin i am looking forward to perspective drawing beucase i am learning how to draw comics so i need to learn how to draw streets and lots of 3d shapes. im also exited on sports day even thow im not very fast i still enjoy it beucase it is healthy and it is a lot of fun

8. Dear mrs Baldwin

The thing i can not wate for is
    Sports day because you get to run
    (:

Make a really big christmas tree

From Adam

9. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    what I am looking forward to this term is games day because we get to do no work and I like sports a lot.

10. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I am looking forward to designing our dream house because I love designing things I also really want to do our art because it is really fun.
    From Gracie

11. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    I would make it fitness all day every day if i could and I’m looking forward to 100 word challenges.
    from Josh

12. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    I am looking forward to designing the dream home and i think it would be really cool when it is done. The thing I would choose as a class activity would be art because I love creating pictures of things.

from Asha

13. Dear mrs Baldwin,
    I would say AFL because it is my favourite sport or cricket because I like that to.

from charlie w

14. Dear Mrs Baldwin

I am most looking forward to maths- dream house.

If I got to choose the activity I would choose bring the pet to school day and we would have to a report on the animals.

From Charlie S

15. Dear Mrs Baldwin
    I am looking forward to doing the speech about our planet that we picked because I want to find out more about Saturn and why it has that ring around it.
    My favourite subject is science.
    I like the idea of chemistry too. I like the idea of mixing things, making potions and working with other people in a team.
    Thanks for putting all those second hand books in the corner of the room. Some of them really interest me especially the Goosebumps.
    I liked starting our dream house today and can’t wait to finish it off.
    From Charlie K

16. Dear Mrs B, i am looking ford to going to the end of year celebrating the end of term by swimming (if it happens).

The thing i would choose to would be well( we on how much it would be in money can’t do it)
    but get like buggies and fish and make a pet week where we try to find info about the pets for morning talks.

17. Dear mrs B,
    I am looking forward to sports day because every year I have a great time go blue. I am also looking forward to doing my dream house.
    From kayley

18. Dear Mrs Baldwin,
    The activities/topics I’m looking forward to are probably The DREAM HOUSE I couldn’t WAIT last term, perspective drawing because it plays with my eyes and it’s a challenge and finally best to last The excursion, who doesn’t like excursions especially if we’ve only had 1 this year (swimming lessons).

If I were to chose an topic for the class to do would be CHEMISTRY because I think alot of people in the class like it and that it’s probably the most funnest activity that could be in the curriculum. 😉
    Ilya